TopBand: Slinky

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Slinky
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 07:05:34 -0500 (EST)
At 23:29 8/2/97 -1000, you wrote:
>Dear Mr. List Owner,
>Would you please ask KM1H to cease posting such hostility-filled attacks
>on this list? This list has always been so informational and gentlemanly,
>but lately KM1H's confrontational personal attacks have spoiled this
>haven you've created for us.
>Thank-you.
>KH2PZ

I agree.  160 is known as the Gentlemen's Band but this reflector
has not seen much common courtesy or gentlemanly behavior recently.
Both Carl and Tom have a lot to contribute, and nobody said everyone
had to agree about issues.  Why can't we have lively debates without
getting into the personal insult mode?  This is repeating a pattern
which has happened before and I am frankly not going to tolerate it
again.

Carl is going to take a brief vacation from this reflector and we
will welcome him back when he brings the courtesy and behavior
we all expect on Top Band.

73,  Bill  W4ZV