TopBand: Reflection vs. Refraction

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Reflection vs. Refraction
From: CQK8DO@aol.com (CQK8DO@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 12:51:41 -0400 (EDT)
The topic of refraction and reflection of an RF wavefront is endlessly
interesting to hams is because it allows us to communicate at a distance...
The problem I see in this discussion (and the reason it will be endless) is
that it is being held in terms of  Newtonian physics, and much is based on
personal opinion, whereas reality is far, far, far more complex...
I strongly urge that everyone get a copy of Feynman's small book on Quantum
Theory, titled "QED"... It is short, just a few hundred pages - it requires
no mathematics beyond the 8th grade to understand (If you can follow the math
of, one-half TIMES one-half = one-quarter, you can follow the book) In this
book he describes the phenomena of reflection/refraction in quantum terms...
Highly recommended...

Cheers  ...  Denny