TopBand: Last night at N6TR

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Last night at N6TR
From: n0dh@iea.com (DAVE - N7EX)
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 1997 14:07:14 +0000
At 11:55 PM 1/5/97 -0800, Larry Tyree wrote:

>ZL2SQ was answering some CQs and says he will be active in the
>CQ 160 contest.

Tree's QSO and mine a few minutes later with Harry at 14:40Z occured in
full sunlight on Harry's end, almost 35 minutes BEFORE his official sunset!
While there as deep QSB HArry was quite strong at times peaking 579. Heard
Island crew are you reading this? Food for thought.

By 08:30Z the JA's (JA3AAW and others) were on the band and working ZK1DI
on 1824 who was also much weaker than when I worked him the night before.

Also WWV at 06:00Z said a strat warm had been in effect on Sunday.

Where are the HL's and BV's on 160???????????????

Dave
N7EX

PS: Tree, congrats on the TI9...I hope Carlos can find a CW key on this
trip ~8^).