TopBand: 101 Uses for AOL disks

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 101 Uses for AOL disks
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 20:38:42 -0500
I'm sorry for posting this, but made me laught so hard that I was not able to
let my baloony vertical out tonight.  (That's what my college son sent me
instead of getting his ham radio license.Hi)
I added some ham radio usage suggestions. Anyone can think of more?
Yuri, K3BU

<< ---------------------
 101 uses for AOL disks
 ----------------------

 1.  Mini cutting board (great for the office or the car, use metal door for
 knife).
 2.  Attach it to a ruler and presto! - you've got a fly swatter.
 3.  Construct a life-size replica of Stonehenge.
 4.  At a restaurant, shove one under a wobbling table leg.
 5.  Money clip (use the metal door and discard the plastic case...the "rich
 nerd"  look is IN this year).
 6.  Eye patch (for one-eyed software pirates).
 7.  Christmas ornaments (the more the merrier).
 8.  Give them to young children to use as building blocks.
 9.  Glue them to the bottom of the space shuttle and use them as re-entry
burn
 tiles.
 10. Dentures (melt & form them into new teeth for grandma).
 11. Room dividers for hamsters.
 12. Drink coasters.
 13. Use multiple disks to create an ideal door stopper.
 14. Ice scraper.
 15. Bathroom tile.
 16. Bookmark.
 17. Mini frisbee.
 18. Air hockey puck.
 19. Dog chew toy.
 20. Dart board.
 21. Pooper scooper.
 22. Grill scraper.
 23. Use them for karate board-breaking demonstrations (save a tree).
 24. Wrist slicer - after receiving first AOL bill (use metal door).
 25. Conversation piece for coffee table.
 26. Destroy them - smash, burn, or run over to relieve stress.
 27. Light switch cover.
 28. Chinese throwing stars (tape 2 together).
 29. Clay pigeons for target practice.
 30. Greeting card (bind two together at one end).
 31. Halloween treat (give them away all night long).
 32. Bullet proof vest (arrange together in triple thickness).
 33. Firewood. 34. Bird house.
 35. Paper weights.
 36. Pen holders (make a box without a top).
 37. Post it-notes holder.
 38. Refrigerator magnet (glue a magnet to the back).
 39. A very sturdy base for putting the motorcycle side stand on when parking
on
 soft surfaces.
 40. Keep 'em in the trunk for extra traction in the snow.
 41. Solar Eclipse Glasses (open door and look through disk at the sun/moon
 -actually works).
 42. Placing one in each pocket helps children who get paddled by the coach
This
 spreads the force to a wider area!
 43. make an AOL disk &pasta casserole
 44. Bug Shield (glue a bunch to the front of your car's hood)
 45. Incense Burners (put stick in the hole of disk hub and light incense)
 46. Put them on car windshields at the mall(along with this list)
 47. Melt them into a giant sculpture
 48. Hand them out as party favors
 49. Hidden/spare key holder (crack open 1 side, insert key, place near door,

 completely safe..who would want an AOL disk?)
 50. Vertical Blinds
 51. Be an AOL diskette surgeon and dissect a diskette
 52. Bench press weights (I can press 120)
 53. Grind em up and re-fertilize the lawn
 54. The new " Domino's stuffed-crust pizza
 55. Tell the kids to leave warm milk & AOL disks for Santa
 56. Brake shoes
 57. House insulation
 58. Kitchen tile for Bill Gates new mansion in Seattle (walk all over the
 competition)
 59. Recycle them for scrap metal
 60. Hockey puck
 61. Add water and special plant life to make a Chia-Disk
 62. Noise maker for your bike spokes ( why damage a valuable baseball card?)

 63. Put one on a leash and drag it along as you walk, makes the perfect pet!

 64. Poker Chips
 65. Baseball Practice (throw them in the air and hit them with a bat)
 66. Keychain ( Put a key ring through one of the write-protect holes and
you've
 got a  snappy executive bathroom keychain for the office)
 67. mail to 10 friends- start an AOL chain-letter ( add a disk with each
link!
 68. Earmuffs (glue some fur on one side then attach a U-shaped piece of bent

 coat hanger to both disks)
 69. Grind them up to make fake snow
 70. Earrings (put a loop into write-protect hole)
 71. Dental Floss
 72. Use them for zippers
 pulls (instead of ski-lift tickets)
 73. When your collection of disks
 reaches 52 use them for playing cards
 74. Use them to fill pot-holes
 75. Hood Ornament
 76. Snow blower replacement blades
 77. make 2 stacks
 of 10 and use them as heels for platform shoes
 78. Rubik's cube (make into a box)
 79. put them in your shirt pocket to make you look smart
 80. Shipping material (keeps your photos from being bent in the mail)
 81. Protect your table from burns made by hot pots & pans
 82. snack trays (great for holding Hors d'oeuvres at parties)
 83. Give them as stocking stuffers to all those people who piss you off
 84. Fly paper (put string through middle of disk, hang 2" apart and apply
 honey)
 85. Pocket protector (gee Gilbert I really like your new pocket
 protector!-thanks Lewis)
 86. they make a dandy addition to a #%$^@&! neighbors yard!
 87. Use them as elbow and knee pads
 88. Wax paper for snowboards
 89. Use them in your aquarium and create an underwater computer city!
 90. Tape a few together and use them as a mouse pad
 91. Collect a large mass of them and detonate a supernova~
 92. A wind clacker (similar to a wind chime)
 93. Soap dish (remove metal to prevent rusting)
 94. Row markers for you vegetable garden
 95. Make the perfect dance floor for you ant colony!
 96. Bread roller (use actual disks & put a rod through the center-use about
 100)
 97. Hot glue gun resting/protective pad
 98. Baby mobile
 99. Fence ( may need a few thousand)
 100. Toe tags for mortuaries (great for identifying dead computer geeks)
 101. WunderBra inserts for that Madonna-Techno look~

 And of-course, the Monty Python Answer:

 "Lemon Curry?"

de K3BU:
Ham Radio uses:

1. Glue bunch together and make a top cover for Dentron amplifiers.
2. Hang them on the low beverage, will scare deer and other low flying
animals.
3. Use them as insulators for antenna, use write protection holes.
4. Contest Coaster for 807s
5. Send the copy of contest log to the sponsor (in case email gets derailed)
6. Use stacked disks to jack up the front of the rig.
7. Scrape the magnetic layer and use mylar for capacitor dialectric.
8. Archive the Contest reflector threads about college callsigns, keyers and
phonetics.
9. When you accumulate 1000 disks, you will get on AOL Honor Roll (no QSLs
needed)
10. Use them as QSL cards with recorded pileup.
11. Make a badge for Dayton, we will know you are radio computer freak.
12. Frisbee them at the bitchy neighbors during the contest.