Re: [TenTec] Replacing the speaker in a Delta II/Argonaut II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Replacing the speaker in a Delta II/Argonaut II
From: "Bill Acito W1PA" <w1pa@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:24:57 -0400
Issue closed.

Not sure who it was, who mentioned they had been
in their Argonaut II recently, but upon closer inspection
the entire top deck of these rigs is hinged, and
swings up. (I am so disappointed with myself that I did
not see this). As you face the rig with the skins off,
you remove two
screws on the right, and the deck is hinged on
the left, and the entire deck will swing up and allow
access to the screws
that hold the speaker plate in place. Quick and simple
swap out, so I did.

I replaced the speaker with another, and it seems to
work FB now. I put the old one on a meter and it
reads 4 ohms (as labeled, impedance-wise) but I did not
try moving the coil to  see if I could induce some
sort of short based on position of the voice coil. Still not
sure what the failure mechanism was on the the original.

Bill
W1PA