[TenTec] Re: Z11 AT and TenTec or N4PY Pegasus software, way toactivat

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Z11 AT and TenTec or N4PY Pegasus software, way toactivate AT externally !
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Fri Feb 28 10:03:06 2003
Mark,

> Yes, now I see in the N4PY doc the mod to a cable to the serial port for
> ext AT control.  Will do, I see the Z11 is controllable as is the AT-11mp,
> tx to Carl N4PY and Mark N8ME.

First, you're welcome.  I don't believe the Z11 has an input that can be
used to trigger the tuning process as does the AT11mp. However, I think, but
haven't checked it out, that you should be able to make an input connection
in parallel with the Z11 front panel TUNE button. That should work with the
serial port interface on the Pegasus. You may want to send an email to LDG
and verify.

Also, you mentioned the One Touch Tune. Are you referring to the W4RT add on
for the Yaesu FT-817? I just happened to be researching that combination
yesterday. W4RT has a mod to the Z11 to support the FT817. However the
purpose of the mod is so that the OTT can detect that you pressed the tune
button on the Z11, then the OTT causes the FT817 to generate the RF for
tuning, but the Z11 tuning is actually started by you pressing the button.

73,
Mark