[TenTec] RF in audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RF in audio
From: dan.newby@ipix.com (Dan Newby)
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 16:53:43 -0500

Ken,

It really is not a Ten Tec problem. I have fought this "RF" problem before
with Icom and Yaesu radios too.

   The only Ten Tec rig I had the problem with was a Paragon that I used to
own and the problem was really that my antennas were close to the house. My
80/40 meter inverted vee was about 30 feet from the shack. I could get rid
of it by changing from the 705 mic to a D-104. The final solution, since I
couldn't move the antennas farther away, was that I lined the plastic base
of the 705 with aluminum foil, making sure it was grounded, thus shielding
the preamp a little better. I have owned many Ten Tec rigs over the years
starting with a Omni A series B and going up to the Jupiter I have now.

But, where I live now, my tower is 130 feet behind the house....no RF
feedback problems here.

Good luck,
Dan
WD4LUR