TRLog

[Trlog] Winkeyer USB sidetone

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Winkeyer USB sidetone
From: Martin Kratoska <martin@ok1rr.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 01:09:44 +0200
Among others I own also the Microham DXP which has a Winkeyer v.3 chip inside. The bad thing is that at every start the Winkeyer is initialized to the default Host Mode state which means that the sidetone is on.

The sidetone is actually needed only in Command Mode, otherwise the keyer should be silent. Now I must switch off the sidetone with A command after every program start which is annoying. What I missed? Is there a hidden switch allowing to start the keyer into silent state?

73,
Martin, OK1RR