TRLog

Re: [Trlog] YCCC SO2R box?

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] YCCC SO2R box?
From: Martin Kratoska <martin@ok1rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 02:26:26 +0200
Tree and Gerorge,

thank you so much! This is exactly what I am looking for. I operate exclusively CW, I will build my own for sure!
-------------------------
Here is my little contribution - TRMASTER database for CW Club contests containing complete list of FOC, CWops and HSC membership as well as many active calls and names frequently appearing in such contests. It is updated frequently and is already listed on the TR4W website but there is only monthly update.

The database is updated very often, the latest update is on my website:
https://www.ok1rr.com/index.php/trmaster-database
-------------------------
Anyway there is a problem with the keyer and the corresponding port:

I built tens of Arduino keyer based on K3NG software. Using TR4W for years running in wine and it worked perfectly but sometimes I have problems with that keyer. It suddenly lose the connection to the program which must be restarted. The usual solution based on udev rule

SUBSYSTEM=="tty", ATTRS{idProduct}=="7523", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1a86", MODE:="0666", SYMLINK+="keyer", GROUP="dialout"

when the symlink in wine is pointing to the "keyer" device is not fully working but allows to reinitialize the keyer when TR4W is restarted.

Now my question:
The Winkeyer USB documentation says there is 1200 Baud, 8 bits, no parity and 2 stopbits. The same is used in TR log for linux, the keyer works perfectly, I was unable to reproduce the error similar to TR4W.

TR4W uses only one stop bit. What impact can have to use one stop bit instead two?

73,
Martin, OK1RR

P.S.: I am also the co-author of CQRlog for Linux which has similar problem with the keyer and by mistake uses also one stop bit.