[SECC] US qso's

Subject: [SECC] US qso's
From: kd4lcr at lcisp.com (Jeremy KD4LCR)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 20:58:20 -0600
While this is just in my humble opinion you have to remember some stations
out there working these contest are doing it for other reason than just the
contest. Such as when I was working my triple play I was looking for
specific states and the best time was during contest. I cannot tell you how
many times I worked a station that I needed just to turn around and find out
that they never even logged me. Great example is the DX stations I worked
this weekend that will never upload their log because they already had the
zone I was in. But such is the contesting way as I see it - if it don't help
me as the operator then why would I support someone else's goals which I may
not be aware of. Oh wait, that is contradictory to the Amateur Radio way. I
promise at least one or two of those 0 pointers that weren't logged were one
of those guys who now has to find another way to get that state logged in
the book. Me, if I work em, I logg'em 100% and I will continue to do so no
matter how many points they are worth because in the end I may be worth
points to them and that is what really counts, helping out my fellow ham.
Now getting number #1 in my area would be nice every now and then but I have
to compete with some of the biggest guns there are out here. Looking forward
to getting to compete with you guys soon..

P.S. Perfect example I am not even working a contest and see K4BAI and jump
on and work him to give him the points or potential points.. ;)  And anyone
needing Oklahoma for any awards email me via the group or off line before I
get out of here and we can set up a sked and get it knocked out..

Jeremy

KD4LCR

Fort Sill, OK