[SECC] FW: TNQP N3FY

Subject: [SECC] FW: TNQP N3FY
From: robert.gerace at crcsecure.com (Robert Gerace)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:00:50 -0400
Thanks, Tom.

On 40 I use a 4BTV.  On one side of this antenna is my house (it is in the back
yard) and the house blocks NNW to the antenna.)  There are no buildings within
hundreds of feet in any other direction.  It has 16 radials, (4 on 40m), and is
approx 2-2.5:1 SWR across the band.  With this antenna I have no problem
working europe, and many points in Russia up to 10,000 miles away.  I also have
no problem ragchewing on CW all points west of TX, North of KY, and no problem
to FL.

On 20 I use a K4KIO Hex Beam.  I've worked ~70 countries with it, but it is
also hidden behind my house which blocks NNW and therefore I have real trouble
(in fact have been unable to) work Asia -- however, I have little trouble
working VK's and ZL's.

I'm waiting for the leaves to fall, as well as freezing temps (to put spiders
and snakes to sleep), to go into my very thick woods and hang some dipoles,
and/or G5RV / Mystery antenna, etc. to get QRV on 160m and 80m.

I'm also thinking about putting a 60' push up (guyed with cammo fiberglass) in
those woods and putting a new hex beam on top of it just above the trees.  My
Hex is a monobander, and if I were to move it, I would re-make it to handle
6-20.

I currently use a TenTec Jupiter, and promised a PRO III by my XYL for
Christmas...so...hoping to graduate to SO2R next year.

I'm extremely grateful for any advice, and I would very much appreciate hearing
from anyone in Metro Atlanta who was able to hear the TN stations... to your
point, Tom, I heard a bazillion people calling them...many, many of them being
called...I just could not hear the TN guys...