[SECC] FW: TNQP N3FY

Subject: [SECC] FW: TNQP N3FY
From: robert.gerace at crcsecure.com (Robert Gerace)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 10:17:30 -0400
There are so many great things about contesting! For me, I'm learning to be QRV
on all bands and what works where.

While I only made 2 contacts in the TNQP, I learned a few things:

- I'm pretty much unable to contact TN at this time.  I'm not on QRV on 80m,
and I figured that would hurt me. My experience:

* I could hear people from all over the country working TN, but could not hear
TN much at all.
* I did managed to dig two mobiles out on 40
* I decided to try to call CQ, and every time I found what seemed to be a clear
freq near the suggested freq and transmitted QRZ? I received a pileup of 'C'
and 'Y' answers (I can only assume TN's were working other TN's and everybody
else could hear it but not me).

- I'm not sure that I could contact TN on 80m from 37 miles north of ATL, but
assume I'd have a much better chance...

- Another thing I've learned is that my 40m seems to be most powerful in TX and
CA and assume that is the skip zone?  (I've seen this in many of the weekend
contests and most recently in the /140 special event.) -- another great thing
about contesting.

To experienced contesters I'm sure that I'm preaching to the choir, but I'm
thrilled that contesting is helping me to become a better operator...and will
lead to being QRV to everywhere all the time!

That said, TN wasn't much fun for me.

Thanks for the answers to my question about the /M multi-counties.

73 de N3FY, Bob