[SECC] K3LR Sloper Array

Subject: [SECC] K3LR Sloper Array
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e at bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:38:39 +0000
I wonder if anyone would have time to model the K3LR Sloper Array for me? I
don't have an antenna modelling program. I mentioned to K2NG that we were
thinking of putting up an 80
meter version of this antenna down on Bonaire for the CQWW contest. He warned
me that this
array could effect the performance of the 40 meter beam on the tower. I emailed
K3LR about this
and he said he didn't see any performance issues with the yagis on the tower he
has the 160 meter
version of this antenna on. He suggested I model it for 80 meters to see the
effects.

Here is a link to the orginal article -
http://www.arrl.org/members-only/tis/info/pdf/9408036.pdf

The tower on Bonaire is 90 feet high with a 2 el F12 40 meter yagi on it and a
C3 about 10 feet above
it. The guy wires are phillystran. The plan is to make a 2 el version of the
antenna. One leg would point to EU and the other VK/ZL.

   If it looks like there would be an effect on the 40 meter beam I was
thinking of building a 2 el phased vertical system with 1/4 wl spacing using
wire hanging down from ropes sloping down from the top of the tower. We would
use 4 elevated radials. It would be fed 90 out of phase to give a endfire
cardiod pattern towards EU. Thanks.

Jeff KU8E