[SECC] GQP Proposed Time Changes

Subject: [SECC] GQP Proposed Time Changes
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:54:12 -0400
We also need to be careful about moving the starting times earlier.  The
14Z starting time on Sunday is so early that 40 and 20 were both very
unproductive this year during the first hour.  20 was open only for DX
and few DX stations were there and none could hear my mobile.  40M was
still too long for close by QSOs.  The FL boys moved their Sunday
starting time earlier to give a better chance to work DX and it was a
big flop, in my opinion.  It didn't bring in many DX QSOs, but made
domestic QSOs more difficult.  In another five years, it may be
different, but now moving the starting times earlier than 15 or 16Z
would likely be a disaster.

73,

John, K4BAI.