[SECC] GQP Changes

Subject: [SECC] GQP Changes
From: nq4i at contesting.com (Rick Dougherty NQ4I)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:08:36 -0400
Hi All....after doing a fairly serious effort in the GQP, I would like to
suggest the following changes:

1. For Ga stations, the number of multipliers would be per band i.e.  cw and
and ssb would all be available to work...this would greatly increase
activity...our current limit of 63 mults would be replaced with a possibility
of 630 mults!!!  This represents 63 mults per band....and with 10 bands
available, think about the band changes and possibilities....

2. To make it fairer for the stations who are called by DX stations, allow 5
mults per band for DX...this would still not make it a DX competition, but
would give some credit to the multitude of DX stations who do call in....

3. For Outside Ga stations, allow the same multiplier system...the number of
counties per band and the total of that....then Ga stations could truly do a
single band effort or multi bands....

4. The time on Sunday should end abt 20Z...

Ok, I know we all don't like change, but the multiplier issue alone would
greatly enhance scores and participation....

de Rick nq4i