[SECC] GQP Power limits

Subject: [SECC] GQP Power limits
From: halken at comcast.net (Hal Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:36:15 -0300
I agree with John, both on multipliers and power.  Anyone who wants to
use a rig in a tuna fish can in the GQP is welcome to, but there is no
reason to reduce operating privileges below that for which we are
licensed - at the detriment of activity.  Doubly so when sunspots are
nil.

I am only heard well on the limited wire antennas here because I have
1400W at the antenna terminals.  If I had 90W at the terminals of these
antennas it would be more fruitful to watch TV - I know - I've tried it.

Loud signals attract attention, which attract more Qs for everybody.
Also, the majority of my GA QSOs are ground wave, and without my amps
the RST 339 QSOs just would not happen at all.

73, Hal, N4GG

.