[SECC] re; GQP Changes

Subject: [SECC] re; GQP Changes
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e at bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:13:27 -0500
 Mike,

 Unfortunately all the state QSO parties except for maybe CQP and FQP are CW
leveraged events.
 It just really isn't worth the effort for me to go to SSB when I can run over
100 per/hr rate on CW
 and get a 2 points per QSO then going to SSB and get 1 point and no rate.

 I think the bonus awards had a lot to do with the increased activity this
year.  It is pretty much impossible to get anywhere near a sweep of the GA
counties because of the low SSB activity
every year.  Probably 3/4 of the multiplers everyone works from out-of-state
are from the rover
operations. The rovers just don't do much SSB because of the reason I stated
before. The fixed
station activity still needs improvement. It was a big boost to have NQ4I doing
M/M and being all over the place.

Jeff