[SECC] 2007 GQP -- How about county line ops to stimulate activity?

Subject: [SECC] 2007 GQP -- How about county line ops to stimulate activity?
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:00:38 -0500
I am adamantly opposed to county line operations for GQP.  NONE of the
contesting programs that I am aware of now allows for logging and
crediting one QSO and two county multipliers.  The alternate is to allow
for two QSO credits for one QSO (Illinois solution) or to actually
REQUIRE two different QSOs and QSLs for the one county line contact
(Texas solution).  The latter is just plain silly and wastes time.

I have been mobile in many GQPs and it is easy enough to run in one
county for a while, move the minimum distance or more, and run in the
other county.  Not confusing.  No logging or scoring problems.  Doesn't
artificially inflate the number of QSOs made.  Doesn't tempt mobiles to
operate in unsafe positions in order to straddle a county line.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.  73, John, K4BAI.