[SECC] Sweepstakes Club Competition

Subject: [SECC] Sweepstakes Club Competition
From: rwhiggins at bellsouth.net (rwhiggins@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:59:24 -0400
> On 15 Apr 2005 at 9:17, Robert Higgins wrote:
>
> >   So we could have a different circle for each of the four days of SS (2 cw
> > and 2 phone)? Maybe we should fine tune this. An enterprising member with
> > time to do the analysis could even determine the optimum circle on an hour
> > by hour basis. The circle could be shifted to accomadate a station that can
> > only be on the air a few hours and then shifted to include a station coming
> > on at a later time. Might be a way to pick up some of the 400,00 points
> > K4SB
> > noted we need to win the club competition this year.
>
> No, we couldn't.
>
> Remember, I didn't say we *should* do it, I said we *could*
> do it.  I am personally not comfortable with the idea.
>
> Read the by-laws:
>
> AMENDMENTS: Article VII
>
> In order to provide for the maximum participation by
> members of the South East Contest Club, any Officer or full
> member of the Club shall be permitted to request that the
> geographical co-ordinates representing the center of the
> ARRL 175 mile "circle" be temporarily moved to a different
> location. Approval of such a move shall be by a majority of
> the membership voting by any means of communication to the
> Vice President of the Club. Nothing in this Article VII
> shall be construed as a constraint against such a move
> being designated as permanent. A temporary move shall exist
> for a period of 6 days, and must include ARRL, CQ, NCJ or
> other approved contests dates in their entirety. "

Yes, but...
The 6 day period is self imposed. The club can make that time period any length
it wants. There is no ARRL rule governing this. It  seems to me that we have
approved the idea of changing the circle to meet our needs, now the discussion
is about how to implement it.

Secondly, for the club competetion, isn't SS one contest combing both the cw
and phone weekends?  Since the period "must include ARRL, CQ, NCJ or other
approved contests dates in their entirety,'"  does this mean we have already
violated this by-law by changing the circle from one weekend to the next?

73
Bob K4LW