[SECC] KU8E Ice Storm Pictures

Subject: [SECC] KU8E Ice Storm Pictures
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (Jeffrey D Clarke)
Date: Sun Jan 30 00:51:45 2005
I had plans to operate the CQ 160 CW contest but the ice storm that hit SE USA
hit us pretty good. All my wire antennas are coated in ice !!!

I was planning on finally putting up my 160 inverted L this weekend.... Oh
well.  Things starting melting some this afternoon so I managed
to short the feeders on the 88 ft zepp and use it as a "T" antenna. Only
problem is 30 ft of the feed line is laying on the ground before it starts to
go vertical....
I hooked it to the the radial system I had laid down in preparation of putting
up the inverted L. It's working OK...  I have worked about 125 contacts so far
mostly just S&Ping... I did work D4B and some west coast guys running only 100
watts so I guess it radiates some....

Checkout
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=331&folderid=188823&groupid=73237&folderview=thumbs&ck
 for some pictures.

This is the first real winter WX we have experienced since we moved to SW
Georgia....

  Jeff   KU8E