[SECC] KU8E Ice Storm Pictures

Subject: [SECC] KU8E Ice Storm Pictures
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Sun Jan 30 17:03:28 2005
On Jan 30, 2005, at 12:51 AM, Jeffrey D Clarke wrote:

> This is the first real winter WX we have experienced since we moved to
> SW Georgia....

It happens.

My A3S was covered in over an inch of ice. it held up admirably. That's
one tough antenna. Tower was covered in ice as well. My window line had
over 1" on one side, causing the dipole to sag the feedline within 6
inches of the ground.

Took me 30 minutes to chip the ice off the car today. Ice was over 1".
Incredible.

I got a few pictures, I'll upload them when I get a chance.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901