[SECC] This Weekend's Contests

Subject: [SECC] This Weekend's Contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu Jan 27 16:48:27 2005
1.  CQ 160 CW.  00Z Sat 24Z Sun.  (Max for Single Ops:  30 hours.  160
CW. Exchange:  RST + S/P/C.  For country, use prefix or "country
abbreviation."  You must fill in the SPC space for all QSOs.  MM
stations count only for points, not mult.  District of Columbia is a
multiplier.  Canadian areas amount to each separate call area (not
prefix).  Use DX Window, 1830 - 1835, for intercontinental QSOs only
during hours of darkness.  (Good rule:  Don't CQ between 1830 and 1835
at any time, as you may QRM other stations who have darkness
propagation.)  Club competition, combines CW and the SSB 160 contest at
the end of Feb.  Please submit for SECC if not otherwise committed.
Look for SECC member N4PN at VY2ZM.
http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/160%20Contest%20Rules%20200510272004.pdf.

2.  REF (France) Contest, CW.  06Z Sat to 18Z Sun.  Maximum 28 of the 36
hours.  Off-times in no more than 3 periods of at least one hour.  We
can work only French stations (any station starting with F, plus TK, TM,
TO).  80-10M CW.  Exchange:  French:  RST + Dpt (or Prefix for Fr.
possessions).  REF HQ station sends "00" for Dpt.  Others:  RST + Serial
#.  http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/refc.htm.  This is an unofficial English
translation of the rules, courtesy of SM3CER.  I can't find an official
English website with the rules on it.  The French language rules are at:
  http://concours.ref-union.org/reglements/2003/reg_cdfhf_fr_0403.pdf.

3.  UKDX Contest RTTY.  12Z Sat to 12Z Sun.  80-10 M RTTY.  Exchange
(UK):  RST + UK area (2 letters).  (Non-UK): RST + QSO #.  Everyone
works everyone.  More points for other countries, other continents, and
UK stations.  http://www.srars.org/ukdxc.pdf.

4.  UBA (Belgium) DX Contest, SSB.  13Z Sat - 13Z Sun.  80-10 M SSB.
Exchange:  (ON):  RST + Serial # + Province Abbreviation (two letters).
  (Non-ON):  RST + Serial #.  QSO anyone anywhere.  Mults are ON
provinces, ON prefixes, EUDXCC countries.  Some ON stations may still be
signing their special "OO" prefixes.  I am not sure when that privilege
ends.  http://www.uba.be/hf_contests/rules/ubatestworld_en.html.

So, something for almost everyone:  CW, SSB, and RTTY, this weekend.
Hope everyone has fun and a lot of QSOs.