[SECC]SS

Subject: [SECC]SS
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon Oct 25 13:15:09 2004
Yes, my recollection also is that the club competition is for combined
CW and SSB.  Maybe someone will read the official rules and make sure.
But I think that's the way it has always been.

You have no doubt read about the strategy developed by K4BVD for the
NCCC to beat the SMC in last year's SS.  They got a bunch of club and
multi op stations to get on and make a lot of QSOs using packet so as to
get as many mults as possible.  They weren't competing for individual
glory, but to maximize the club score.  And it worked!  As a side
effect, there sure were a lot of California stations to work in the SS
contests last year.

73,

John, K4BAI.