[SECC] Re:JARTS

Subject: [SECC] Re:JARTS
From: k4sb at bellsouth.net (K4SB)
Date: Mon Oct 18 15:34:21 2004
ku8e@bellsouth.net wrote:
> Is there a RTTY contest every weekend !!!  It sure seems like it lately.
> I sure would be nice if the activity didn't stray below 050 or so. There were
> stations at 030 on Friday night limiting the operating space for any CW
> contests....

Well, Jeff is speaking of 40 meters only. I have brought up this
subject on the RTTY reflector, and suggested that at the very least,
we use 7080 up for USA to USA.

Unfortunately, RTTY in parts of the world other than the USA is
generally permitted only from about 7030 to 7040, and in the last few
contests, it seems the upper part of the band is just not used. I
called CQ for at least 10 mins on 7084 and got not a single reply.

Remember, if you can't beat us, join us. RTTY is really fun. Software
is free, and all you need is a sound card and a couple of cables.

73
Ed