[SECC] One more contest this weekend

Subject: [SECC] One more contest this weekend
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu Feb 19 16:15:45 2004
Oops.  I overlooked one.  (Actually, I was relying on the WA7BNM weekly
bulletin and it overlooked it too.)

YL-OM SSB Contest.  This was once a hugely popular SSB contest and the
CW weekend used to see 100 or more YLs active.  Last weekend was the CW
weekend.  I saw no publicity on it, but did work the one YL I heard in
it.  This is the SSB weekend.  Runs 14 UTC Saturday until 02 UTC Monday.
    That's 36 hours.  YLs work OMs and vice vrsa.  Mults are ARRL
sections, VE provinces, and countries.  Power multiplier for low power
stations.  Has a funny rule that no one can run over 750 watts on CW or
1500 watts PEP on SSB.  Exchange is callsign, QSO number, RS, and ARRL
sections, VE provinces, and DX countries.  Separate logs for each bands
and dupe sheets required for all logs over 200 QSOs.  Cups for YL and OM
winners on each mode and certificates for each US and VE call area and
country if the station makes at least 10 contacts.

I'd like to see this contest rejuvenated and supported.  The logs are to
go to Mary Moore, WX4MM, XYL of Tom Moore, WX4TM, and a SECC member.
So, this can be a good activity for those of you who prefer SSB and also
for two hours after ARRL DX CW ends.

73,

John, K4BAI.