[SECC] Club Meetings and Other Stuff

Subject: [SECC] Club Meetings and Other Stuff
From: k4sb at earthlink.net (K4SB)
Date: Tue Dec 9 00:05:58 2003
ku8e@bellsouth.net wrote:
>    In addition to recruiting new members for the club why don't we start the
>   year off with a new attitude for the SECC. First of all, I think we should
>   consider having a few in person meetings - I'm not talking about just
> getting
>   together for 20 mins at a hamfest - but a real meeting.
--------------------
And Jeff's suggestion that we meet more often is also good. I have
almost 4 acres, a big swimming pool, and would be delighted to have
the gang. However, I need to borrow a wife to help me organize the
food. ( and I'm deadly serious---old bachelors should never be trusted
with food ) Everyone could bring the kids, junk for trading, and we
can have a good ole time. And I will drive to Jeffs for his meeting.

And other good suggestions also. But, I would like to point out once
again, and I sent the original of the message over 3 weeks ago, that
the SECC does NOT, at this time, have any lawfully elected officers
according to the Constitution and By Laws of the Club.

Which means we really don't have ARRL accreditation either.

Further, the ONLY 3 officials who may be elected are the Pres., VP,
and Sec. Unless the C&BLs are amended, we remain in that situation.

I know our officers are busy, but in this case, I would have least
expected a reply from K4EA. ( who, if he is as smart as I think he is,
probably didn't because he knows he's
thinks he's not the Pres. ) ):>

Fellows, before we go on a tear to rebuild this clubs active
contesters, we have got to take care of at least 2 articles in the
C&BLs.

I will shortly post a message asking everyone who is subscribed to the
SECC reflector to quote it back to me so I can make a list. I propose
that anyone who has not replied to either the reflector or me within
30 days be dropped from membership. I am also going to try to download
logs received for all ARRL contests, and cross check them against our
membership. Our C&BLs REQUIRE 2 entries and submissions for any
contest per year by all members.

Then, it might be time to look at our circle.