[SECC] Club Meetings and Other Stuff

Subject: [SECC] Club Meetings and Other Stuff
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Dec 8 15:24:21 2003
   In addition to recruiting new members for the club why don't we start the
  year off with a new attitude for the SECC. First of all, I think we should
  consider having a few in person meetings - I'm not talking about just getting
  together for 20 mins at a hamfest - but a real meeting.

   Something that I have found that works - just look at the YCCC , PVRC and
  other contest club newsletters, which you can read by going to their website -
  is a meeting hosted by a member of the club. Someone typically hosts a meeting
  at their house and it's a combination cookout/meeting. The host has a chance
  to show off their station and plus we all get to sit around drinking a beer (
  or pop) and talk contesting. These in person meetings work great and it's a
  great way for you guys who might be trying to recruit guest operators for
  your multi-ops. Plus , it's fun to see everyone in person every once in
  awhile.

   I will be the first to volunteer to host a meeting. I don't have a station to
 really show off or anything like that but I do live close to Callaway Gardens.
I was thinking maybe a Summer time meeting held there. We could reserve a
picnic area or maybe just have it in the beach area where they have a covered
picnic area. This could be a meeting/get together where everyone could bring
their family if they wanted too.

  I was also thinking about a Field Day meeting as well ???  Any one else
want to volunteer to host a meeting ????

  Also, I think we should have a recruiter for the club to get anyone who moves
to our area to join the club - Ed, K4SB -  would be a good fit for that job ???

  Another position we could create is a club activity director - They would
inform everyone in the club on what contests are coming up and encourage them
to get on the air and submit a score. I think John, K4BAI, would be perfect for
this because he kind of does this on the reflector already.

 I was also was wondering if anyone might want to take over the webpage from me
??  I am already doing the GQP stuff an I would be interested in someone
who would take this and run with it. What I mean by that is keeping it up to
date - which I always don't find the time to do. This means collecting input
from members like pictures of their contest operations, maybe adding a scores
page and whatever else you could think of that might be interesting.

Our newest addition to the family is due in the next week or so ... so I'm
going to have even less time to do this stuff then I do now...

Any comments ???

                          Jeff , KU8E