[SECC] ZF2NT or ZF1DZ in ARRL DX Contest this weekend

Subject: [SECC] ZF2NT or ZF1DZ in ARRL DX Contest this weekend
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu Feb 13 09:01:36 2003
Hi Guys:

Below is a message received today from Bruce, ZF2NT (N6NT).  He and
Yuri, VE3DZ (ex VA3UZ, also UT4UZ) are doing a multi-single in ARRL DX
CW this weekend.  I am not sure if they will be using ZF2NT or ZF1DZ.
In any case, you will see that Bruce's message suggests that I am the
only one in GA who can hear and work the Caymans on 28 mhz.  Obviously,
that is not a correct statement, so I challenge you all (particularly
those in GA) to work the Cayman boys on all bands, but particularly on
10 M.  Let's see how wrong we can prove Bruce to be and see how many GA
stations can get in their log on 10M.  It is true that ordinarily their
signals are weak, but they can hear very well and it is worth the time
to make a few calls to get a new multiplier from them.  In the mornings,
signals are usually best South, but sometime they seem better NE.  In
the afternoons, SW is usually best.  Turn your beam around and call them
with it in the direction that their signal is the loudest and you will
get through OK after the big guys have quieted down.

Hope everyone has a good time this weekend.  This message from Bruce was
prompted by a message from me that I will be W4KZ single band 15 meters
from the NQ4I new location this weekend.  Ian, K5ZM, from Portland, OR
will be down again and will be NQ4I single band 20.  Jeff, KU8E, will be
using his own call on 80 M single band.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and many QSOs with good conditions on
all bands.

73,

John, K4BAI.Subject:
            Re: [FOC] ARRL DX CW Contest this weekend