[SECC] K4OGG, CWSS

Subject: [SECC] K4OGG, CWSS
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:07:45 -0500
On 11/5/02 11:38 AM, Jay Pryor at jpryor@arches.uga.edu wrote:

>At one point I messed up and I wonder how I will be penalized.  I took
>a 30 minute break and went to watch some of the Falcons game.  I went back
>to the radio just before 30 minutes was up, heard a new station, called him
>and logged him 29 minutes into what was supposed to be a 30 minute
>break.  My guess is that I will lose 13 QSOs that I made the final 30
>minutes of the contest.  Does anyone know how that's handled?

Can the rules be any more clear?

"2.4.1. Off periods may not be less than 30 minutes in length.
 2.4.3. Listening time counts as operating time. "

You cannot be taking a 30 minute break if you are listening before the 30
minutes is up.

Moral: Turn the radio OFF during break time.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901