[SECC] Phonetics

Subject: [SECC] Phonetics
From: Matt@Tenn-Valley.com (Matt Lee, WB6BWZ)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:36:32 -0500

I had that same problem with CT1A-WATEL-U. I heard other stns asking him to send
his call when they Q'd him and it still sounded like CT1AWU even after he said
it phonetically MUCH SLOWER and SEVERAL TIMES.

It is important to me to log the calls correctly to the best of my ability
because I am working on QRP awards. It would be different if my goal was to
maximize points.

I went back to CT1AHU several times during the contest and finally copied his
call as CT1AHU (which I felt was the correct call). He never answered any of my
calls during the contest. Not even with, "AGAIN?" -hi-  I even tailgated other
stns to be sure that CT1AHU was listening but the result was zilch.

I never heard a pileup on him; his sigs were always 59+.

Anyway, it is good to know that our hearing is "normal".

--
Matt Lee, WB6BWZ * 404-609-0780 * 404-355-1555 * eFax 801-340-2487
TeleMed, Inc. (MIS-Engrg) * Physician Call Ctr * Atlanta Georgia