[SECC] Logging ?

Subject: [SECC] Logging ?
From: n4uk@mindspring.com (n4uk@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:13:56 -0500
                My advice is to just get on and do it. Put away the pen and
paper and head straight into the fire. I had the same fear when I first tried
it but now it's almost instinctive. It still takes a few qsos at the beginning
of any contest to get into the groove but once I'm in it it's old hat.
Remember. The guy at the other end can't see the nervous sweat on your brow and
under your armpits. He can't see you nervously hunting and pecking away on your
keyboard or frantically looking for the insert key. Who cares what he thinks.
            If you're really concerned about what the other station may think
about your cw contesting skills because of your delay in responding to his call
or the sending of his mistyped callsign or if you're worried about your own
callsign being associated with poor contesting skills then sign on with a
multiop effort and practice your typing skills using their call!!! Nobody at
the other end will ever know it was you!
73, Ken ,N4UK

John Vickers <wa4tt@nlamerica.com> wrote:
> Guys, I need some advice. After reading AA4Z's mention that he used computer
logging for the first time in a contest this past weekend.  I've decided to
try and develope my lack of typing skills. Until about 3 yrs ago I'd never
used a type writer or computer. So I'm doing the CW contest by hand and
'huntin & peckin' at the same time to log each Qso. Only geting on to hand
out a few pts doesn't provide much practice. Past  health prob's plus being
over the hill doesn't help matters. hi

Any suggestions as to how to become proficient at transfering  what I copy
in my head to the keyboard ?  I decided last night to start copying W1AW and
typing it, but having just graduated from 1 finger to 2  it's going to be an
uphill battle.

Any suggestions are appreciated. To use Bruces term--- there may be another
"old dog" out there that needs some new tricks.  Tnx es 73, John WA4TT