Fwd: [SECC] CQWW SSB

Subject: Fwd: [SECC] CQWW SSB
From: AB4RU@aol.com (AB4RU@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 11:29:45 EDT
--part1_46.b960213.2711ece9_boundary

In a message dated 00-10-06 21:03:50 EDT, aa4ga@contesting.com writes:

<< Unfortunately in my case that didn't work either.  I called the guy
 on 40 SSB for the US mult while he was listening for VE Qs after the
 band had closed for DX and after I listened and heard no one calling.
  "...this is AA4GA for a multiplier"  Oh, he worked me and I thanked
 him for the mult, and the jackass didn't log it.  I lost the mult and
 he lost nothing. >>

Hi All,
I think the problem should be address by a rule change or by reducing the
stations score for not logging the stations they work. If the logs are being
checked for accuracy and this type of operating is apparent it should be a
reduction of score for the station/s not logging the US stations they work.
Under the present rules the guys doing it right are paying the penalty. The
CQWW administrators have not taken this problem serious and it has enhanced
this type of operating.

Another possible solution is to not allow contacts with stations in the same
county. This could cause scoring problems in other countries depending on the
size of the zone and how many countries is inside the zone. I am sure others
would be complaining because they might not be able to work their own zone.

Someone mentioned passing the calls out of stations that has repeatly not
logged US calls during the contest. I assume this is so everyone in the US
could work that station several times during prime time on as many bands as
possible?

The right thing would be for CQ to fix the rules and enforce them correctly.

Ron W4WA

--part1_46.b960213.2711ece9_boundary