Re: [RTTY] Decoding troubles after taking a break

To: Mark Schoonover <mark@ka6wke.net>, RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Decoding troubles after taking a break
From: Courtney Judd <k4wi@k4wi.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 18:12:45 -0500
well I didn't have fun in this contest at all.... decoding problems for sure.... never did get it sorted out.... running WL 11.08 mmtty and gritty thru microkeyer2. My gut feeling that this problem comes about every time Win 10 does an update (happened last Wednesday) and the settings for the sound card and the router get re-set to something else and I don't see this until the contest is under way. Yes, I did try it before time but it appeared to be normal. Only made 30 contacts total... very frustrating. Surely there must be a better way that could keep win10 out of the equation. I did try 2-tone.... operating window opened up but no window to print so gave up on it.... getting to old to have these aggravations! lol, Cort K4WI

Mark Schoonover <mailto:mark@ka6wke.net>
Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:34 PM
I agree with Jeff. Once everything is tested & confirmed working I don't
shut anything down until the log is uploaded.