Re: [RTTY] FT5ZM RTTY is a zoo

To: "Bato, Andras" <bato@starjan.hu>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FT5ZM RTTY is a zoo
From: Glenn Wyant <va3dx@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 10:54:17 -0500
Listen to the pileup , and tell me who is
out of control.

The DX answers HA6NN , now listen to the pileup.

At least 200 stations or more start calling again !

You need to increase your  skills, your antennas and
become more patient.

You wont work them on this reflector ...

Glenn VA3DX

Sent: Monday, February 03, 2014 10:15 AM
Subject: [RTTY] FT5ZM RTTY is a zoo

CW and SSB has been a zoo as well!
There is no use of these DXpeditions at all!
They generate more QRM, anger and bad behaviour -not to mention the idea to increase power, antenna element number and tower height. In case one is to collect DXCC entities had better to take part in contests like CQ DX and WPX.
I herewith propose to ban split frequency operation.
Tell it to ITU (Not IARU) to rule it as necessary!
I have spent the day with hunting for FT5ZM on any mode or on any band.
On 24 MHz it has been booming for long hours.
The pile-up was at lest 15 kHz wide.
Despite this, the operator was searching for a minute or two and was able to pck up a suffix or a letter only!
There must have been a devil of noise on Amsterdam Island.
The whole story is about struggling against each other!
gl de ha6nn
Andras

---
A levél vírus, és rosszindulatú kód mentes, mert az avast! Antivirus védelme ellenőrizte azt.