Re: [RTTY] FT5ZM RTTY is a zoo

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FT5ZM RTTY is a zoo
From: Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 12:12:06 +0100
Hi all, just to trow in my odd number of cents.

Leader Board: leader of what? The question explain it all, nothing
useful, but it's not the worse thing.

Then, I personal know several OM well known as DXer and-or Contester
that do RTTY just as any other mode. Pushing buttons on a barely
known, in this case, logger ... no space, theurs standard macro plenty
of DXcall DXcall DE HIMcall HIMcall HIMcall HIMcall PSE K. That's
useful to remember his call to DX station, just in case. You know.
Those OM aren't aware of what' s is behind that curtain, not even
interested in, not ever know that there is a curtain. That's just to
have some more contacts and trills in the best case. Medals and
recognitions may vary from group to group. If you don't agree with the
current recognitions you have just to make a new group. There medals
and recognitions will be assigned with yours metrics. Business is
business, make they first in a new category is imperative for some
people. Out of any rules, make it with a new rules set, ignoring old
ones - that's much better.

Then, DXexpedition often ignore PSK/WSJT mode sub-bands. Having theirs
TX QRG well in middle of it. This discussion was already made here,
viewed from another side, the sub band separations/definitions vs
DIGITAL bandwidth of any mode.

Then, there are also PSK contests as it was yesterday. As there are
also DXexpedition that ignore RTTY contest: Well not so often but that
happened in my very short experience.

Then humans habits are slightly worsening as a matter of years over
years changes ... well, I am also aging.

Then this FT DXexpeditions was by any mean well publicized as
requiring anyone attentions, i.e. forcing anyone from any side to be
there. Also they had made a somewhat strange calendering RTTY quite
one week after their landing. More peoples more often someone will
trigger others bad habits, latent or not latent as they are.

That's all and more that I forgot to write here summoned in what we
have observed. Nothing strange. All this will summon each time a
worldwide general event will come again.  We could disapprove, I place
my voice on that side.
We could have any kind of suggestions to make it better, but out of
our group nobody really take care if not taken in, with calm and right
speaks. Someone of us could even get caught, ours errors are anyway on
sight by each of us. After all also who struggle for the RTTY is
human, even if DIGITAL, by the last definition.

So what's happening is quite normal nowadays. It's wrong, I know. I am
there just listening as there is non way to push me inside that zoo to
do something more that adding noise or not voluntarily ... mischief.
Sometimes, due to my poor aerials conditions at home I just jump from
a caller to another decoding theirs schemes, as I don't decode the DX.
Sometime looking at those standard macro well know as wrong but used
as embodied into functions keys, with no way to understand and change
any of those.

That's the scenario this time, best to watch  and ponder than to be
inside. Just my personal opinion.

  CU all in the WPX, that's better, isn't? We will see.

        73 de iw1ayd Salvo