Re: [RTTY] FREQUENCY IN USE BY ... (JT65/JT9)

To: "<rtty@contesting.com>" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FREQUENCY IN USE BY ... (JT65/JT9)
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 15:36:57 -0600
On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Stanley Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com> wrote:

> modes. Thankfully, everyone continues to respect the PSK31 folks, but the
> JT65 people, with their one frequency, are now the enemy? Whatever happened
> to the DX Code of Conduct? Or is getting that last few points more important
> than "Respecting my fellow hams and conducting myself

I "respect" the PSK31 folks because I can see their traces and hear
them if I listen closely (wasn't always the case for me!  Not RFI
after all!).  Likewise for that calliope mode (MFSK?).  That actually
looks kind of cool on the waterfall and if I ever get my RF-on-audio
issues fixed with my DigiKeyer, I should probably try it.

It's impossible, in many cases, to do the same with Joe Taylor's stuff
(something else I want to try!).  I wouldn't know where they hang out
... and if I was at that spot, didn't hear anything, and sent QRL?
several times with no reply, I would not be violating any codes that I
know of.

Speaking of "whatever happened to ..." ... is there a good digital
band-plan?  I tend not to use the one from the ARRL as it is often
out-of-date and/or optimistic.  ;-)