Re: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY contest on Saturday February 23

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY contest on Saturday February 23
From: K6UFO Mark Aaker <k6ufo@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 09:33:14 -0800 (PST)
Hello Bob, I'm sorry you found the NAQP Rules to be confusing.

I think it helps if you read "spotting" to mean "identifying the call and
frequency of a station."

5.a.i. says that the Single Operator should perform this function.

5.a.ii says that in the Single Operator category, obtaining this from any other
source is prohibited.

5.a.v says use of assistance such as packet spotting networks will place the
operation into the multioperator category.

Yes, the Multi-operator category may use spotting assistance from any source.

We will consider your suggestions to improve the rules for next year.

Mark Aaker K6UFO NAQP RTTY Contest Manager k6ufo at arrl.net