Re: [RTTY] MMTTY difficulties

To: ham@n0sq.us
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY difficulties
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 13:37:10 -0800
On Feb 8, 2013, at 1:24 PM, ham@n0sq.us wrote:

> I reversed polarity in the TS2000 (MMTTY + N1MM software). The Kam+ is
> connected to a TS450.
> I haven't tried EXTFSK yet. But, I do have access to an oscilloscope.

Aha, therein (those two statements) might be the clue we sought :-).

You said you have not tried EXTFSK yet -- that means you are transmitting in
AFSK!  Not FSK.

If so, reversing the polarity of the TS2000 FSK transmit setting will do
nothing (unless you swap USB/LSB in data modes).

What you need to do is to go into MMTTY settings and reverse its transmit AFSK
tones.

I don't run MMTTY (or any Windows program, actually), but someone else here can
probably immediately point you to where to reverse the MMTTY AFSK tones.

GL es 73
Chen, W7AY