Re: [RTTY] US call signs (BARTG)

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] US call signs (BARTG)
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 10:10:35 -0800
Hi Roger

I think maybe one way would be to figure what the propagation is doing.

If you are on 80 meters and hear N6XR calling CQ at 20+ db, and you don't
hear any other 6's, that might be a good indication that that station is not
in California.  Same with all the KH stations out in the Pacific.

If you are running, what difference does it make?  Are you going to work
only stations that are new mults?  If doing S&P, do you pass up stations
that aren't mults?  Usually by the end of the contests, most stations are
just looking for new ones to work, no matter where they are.

I just don't see what the big flippin deal is.  The idea of the contest is
to work stations and put them in the log, regardless of where they are -
mults will come!

What if you work a W6, and they are in ND, are you gonna throw out the Q.
73
Tom W7WHY

That sounds like a complete paradox to me! If they don't add their
call area then how are
we supposed to know where they are and if they are a mult or not?

73 de Confused of Swardeston Roger, G3LDI