Re: [RTTY] RTTY Now trashy signals

To: "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Now trashy signals
From: "aflowers@frontiernet.net" <aflowers@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 18:40:43 -0800 (PST)

For those who haven't seen what Dave is talking about,  I've isolated the
spectra of several RTTY signals from this past weekend that are numbered for
comparison here:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~aflowers/rtty_examples/

Everyone who is concerned about keeping their signal clean should probably at
least take a look.  You can read the details about how I captured them on the
page, but I think the main point is that there are several operators who have
figured out how to make exceptionally neighbor-friendly signals on a very
crowded band.  Some of the cleaner signals on the link above are really do
stick out from the pack.  It might be worth identifying who owns the
exceptionally good signals and asking them what they are doing right, rather
than pointing fingers at people doing things wrong.  I bet we'll really learn
something.

Andy K0SM/2