Re: [RTTY] 18.110

To: "ws7i@ewarg.org" <ws7i@ewarg.org>, "rtty@contesting.com" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 18.110
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 19:34:56 -0400
Beyond keeping your emission products between 18.068 and 18.168, I'm not sure
the FCC cares.  RTTY at 18.112, or 18.150 for that matter, is still within the
17m band.  It just doesn't adhere to the ARRL's (I assume they are the "member
society" in IARU lingo) implementation of the region 2 IARU band plan.

Like 40m, I do not understand why the US 17m plan is not congruent with the
rest of Region 2.  It's not like 17m and 40m are limited to low power secondary
use.  What's the point of limiting narrow modes in the US only when (AFAIK)
every one else in Region 2 can transmit anywhere they want?

Al
AB2ZY