[RTTY] SARTG from GU0SUP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SARTG from GU0SUP
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 19:29:53 +0100
Hi all,

Were those odd conditions or what? Working W6/7 and VE7 one minute on 20m,
then getting called by G's, ON's and PA's.
I was only able to spend a few hours in the 2nd session, but was amazed (and
very pleased) to work KH6ZM on 15m way after dark here.
As I started late, I tried to make the most of the last session, and spent a
lot of time calling CQ.
This was mostly fun, but it is extremely annoying when some of the EU big
guns call me, and then move 200Hz away to call CQ.
I also got annoyed with several stations who would not let me complete a QSO
in progress. An ON4 was a real pain, as I was trying hard to work AE7KI, and
each time I asked him for his report, all I could hear was the ON4 calling
me. He wasn't the only one either.
Happily, AE7KI called again today, and this time we made it.

Despite that, it was great fun, and a real bonus to get called by VE7CC who
sounded like an EU station, plus the opening to west coast America.

It was great to see activity on 10m, but 80m was hopeless here. RG9A asked
me to QSY to 80 during Saturday evening, but I could only hear a very weak
PA station calling CQ SARTG, and that was it! Not a single other station
around.

I did see quite a few new calls on screen, and that is always good, but some
need to think about their exchange!
I had more than a few who sent things like:
59901 59901, or 599 599 599 001

So, here is my claimed score:
Operating Time (hrs): 12 hours
Band  QSOs  Pts   Mults
------------------------------
   80:     0        0        0
   40:    24     265     24
   20:   202   2275    56
   15:    69     830     48
   10:    21     215      12
----------------------------
Total:  316  3585   140
Total Score = 501,900

Thanks to all for the points, and I hope to see you next weekend in the SCC
contest.

As per usual, my log is now on LoTW, but paper cards are always welcomed.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110821-0, 21/08/2011
Tested on: 21/08/2011 19:29:54