Re: [RTTY] RTTY numbers printed as letters

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY numbers printed as letters
From: EA2RY <ea2ry@ea2ry.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 19:35:50 +0200
Hi Guys.

This relationship only works in QWERTY keyboards or English keyboard, there is
another kind of keyboard does not work this relationship, as the AZERTY French
keyboard.
Some European countries use the QWERTZ keyboard, just change the Y to Z.

The complete list is:
Q=>1, W=>2, E=>3, R=>4, T=>5, Y=>6, U=>7, I=>8, O=>9, P=>0

But this is just a keyboard trick.

The true relationship is in the Baudot code, the letters and figures
Can see at: http://www.dataip.co.uk/Reference/BaudotTable.php

73's de Roberto
http://www.ea2ry.com

Тема: [RTTY] RTTY numbers printed as letters

Hi Guys,

Would anyone have a conversion list for determining what number was sent
when "PRQ" and "PTT" was received instead of the serial number?

I worked one "F5" station this weekend that was S-9 +10dB and even after
numerous repeats, all I ever got was PRQ PRQ PRQ PRQ PRQ.

If there is such a conversion list... I'd sure like to have one.

Also, are there any MMTTY receive settings that can be changed on my end to
reduce this problem?

I still have a ton to learn about RTTY- thanks for your patience!

73,
Dick- K9OM