Re: [RTTY] USB-Serial

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] USB-Serial
From: "k0bx@arrl.net" <k0bx@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:12:54 -0700 (PDT)
  This dead horse never dies!  But that means we are getting new guys on RTTY.

I needed a USB=>Serial port adapter to run my laptop on FD.  Someone here I
think pointed me to the following website:

http://www.usbgear.com/USB-PRODUCT-DETAILS.cfm?sku=USBG-232FT-1&catid=106&cats=106

This is the one I bought.  Quick service.  The software came with it and all
worked well.  I was able to do RigControl for my PRO3 and CW on the same
adapter
at the same time.  I did not get to try it on FSK.  That would have answer the
question below.    This did have the FTDI Chip.  So I think it would work fine.

BTW the website has other adapters.

I have used the Prolific cables for rigcontrol and they worked fine.

Joe K0BX

 Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.