Re: [RTTY] Three lessons from NAQP

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Three lessons from NAQP
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 14:08:06 -0800
Hi Hank

If the guy gets dinged enough for not letting the caller know he has copied
the correct call, he might start doing it.  I've had a bunch of Q's where
the guy sent my call wrong in the exchange and I don't know if he corrected
it or not.

This is from the NA Sprint rules:

"Valid Contact: A valid contact consists of a complete, correctly copied and
logged two-way exchange between a North American station and another
station. Proper logging requires including the time of each contact."  If
they don't let me know that they have my call right, it's not valid as far
as I'm concerned.

I've got a macro that says, "You have my call wrong-it is W7WHY W7WHY W7WHY
W7WHY."  I've sent that before and the guy just keeps on CQ'ing.  73 and
thanks for all the CW and RTTY Q's!!
Tom W7WHY