Re: [RTTY] CQ or QRZ

Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ or QRZ
From: "Andy Swiffin" <a.l.swiffin@dundee.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:33:45 +0000
<9mmmi6ppsgtp4k5fmif967pmt058i52usi@4ax.com>, "Bill, W6WRT"
<dezrat1242@yahoo.com> wrote:
> But if you really prefer QRZ? it's ok, just inefficient.

No!

I'm surprised so many old hands are getting this basically wrong and there is
so much debate about this.

QRZ - Who is calling me?   It sends the clear message that you're hearing
someone calling you but you don't know who they are.   It's an encouragement to
the other end to continue trying.

CQ -  A general request for anyone to call

seemples?

Andy
gm8oeg