Re: [RTTY] CQ or QRZ

Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ or QRZ
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 11:26:22 -0500
I think QRZ has morphed from the original use of "Who is calling me" to a
general purpose "Who else is there".

QRZ? refers to the former use, while plain old QRZ refers to the latter.  With
voice, it's easier to pick up the inflection that indicates which use is
appropriate.

And yes, you can argue about the inappropriate use of "shorthand" that
introduces ambiguity that the Q abbreviation is supposed to eliminate, but it
is what it is.

Al
AB2ZY