[RTTY] Post Roundup comments

To: rtty <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Post Roundup comments
From: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 06:45:33 -0500
Boy did the weekend go quick! I'm hoping to get feeling back in my legs by
tomorrow's commute to work.

Here's some things I noticed during the contest. Did you notice anything
funny?

Favorite call sign received:
DE  K 0 R C J    K 0 R C J
Yes, with spaces in between each letter which makes it rather difficult to
click on. Maybe that was his plan? At least he sent DE ;-)

Best use of "DE":
Me to only W6WRT - K2DSL TU 599 NJ NJ K2DSL AND NO DE
It received a nice chuckle in his reply.

What bothered me the most in macros:
Folks running and not ending with CQ or QRZ. Is it that hard to do? Is your
CQ macro so exciting that I need to wait and see what it contains before I
reply?

Folks seemed to be improving with eliminating line feeds and needless chit
chat in macros. I seem to have noticed much less of that this weekend and
only recall a couple that were ridiculously excessive. Maybe we can convince
the logging/RTTY developers to truncate macros that contain text over a
certain length.

Is DC really a state?

Please reply and have fun - no DE wars!

David - K2DSL