Re: [RTTY] RU-NAQP Conflict

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RU-NAQP Conflict
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 06:33:41 -0800 (PST)
The biggest impact should be on 40 meters.  I plan on staying high in the band
above 7080.  Actually I normally operate up there anyway during all Roundups
when the 2nd radio is on 20 meters.  I've had a lot of calls from EU up there
so you don't have to be low to work EU on 40 meters.  Running SO2R, when
operating above 7080 kHz, the harmonic on 20 meters is above 14160 kHz so there
is less interference between the 2 radios when operating 20 and 40 at the same
time.

REMEMBER, IN THE USA WE CAN NOW OPERATE RTTY BETWEEN 7100-7125 kHz.  I've not
heard RTTY up there yet.  We should take advantage of this space and I hope we
see RTTY signals there during Roundup.  I'll certain go up there.

Unfortunately we lost RTTY above 3600 kHz on 80 meters so there may be more of
an impact on 80 this year as compared to previous years when both contests ran
the same weekend.  I guess we'll see.

73, Don AA5AU