[RTTY] Nice Thanksgiving Gift - DXCC RTTY via LoTW only!

To: "RTTY Reflector Reflector" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Nice Thanksgiving Gift - DXCC RTTY via LoTW only!
From: "Andrei Stchislenok" <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 23:00:11 -0500
Today is my Lucky Day, folks.
I found QSL from VP2MRM in my LoTW account this morning. This QSL made up
100 confirmed countries on RTTY mode via LoTW only for me and I am very
happy. Will send online application for DXCC tomorrow.
...I started using LoTW in April, 2006. Last 5 or 6 QSL's took a long time,
but I decided to wait for all 100, rather then send hybrid application. Now
I have 100 cfm via LoTW plus 53 more paper QSL's.

One more thought for those DX's who has not decided yet to join LoTW. I had
QSO with VP2MRM just four months ago. Before I sent them my QSL with a
postage (a sufficient postage) like someone just mention couple of days ago.
I received nice paper QSL and will keep it in my collection like thousands
of others. The same story happen with several other DX's; I sent and
received QLS's from then and then I found QSL's in LoTW... I beleive that
many of you guys have the same experience...

I would suggest all DX stations - wait several months after DXpedition (or
DX Contest), collect those sufficient postages (I cant blame them, this is
imoprtant part of DXpedition supports). After several months, majority of
paper QSL's  with GS's or IRC's will be received and sent out in return.
After that - PLEASE JOIN LoTW and UPLOAD YOUR LOGS! That would be so cool.
Not necessary to keep Logs in dust.

For permanent DX stations; I would ask them to upload the Logs into LoTW
from previous years, because 99 percents of QSL's are already received and
sent out, right. The best sample in that is our Uncle Phil - GU0SUP (he
uploads logs right after every Contest:) and many others.
Please think about it, DX's.
>From my side, I am uploading my logs from every DX pedition immediately, but
this is kinda extrim, this is just my point. And paper QSL's are always
available for all who likes paper QSL's, no problem.

73's to All and Happy coming Turkey Day!

Please dont forget to update your RTTY results in "Who Has What" -
www.k4fo.com/cqrtty/

--
73's Andrei
EW1AR-NP3D